Celebrating 20 years of phono stages, our third generation Michael Yee design combines discrete dual-mono topology, a new internal power supply, and optional external Linear Power Supply.
Built in California, the new Nova III is our new phono stage with incredible flexibility and performance. The Nova III replaces the popular Nova II. Our Nova III phono preamplifier, sharing improved chassis design of our MYDAC II, features dual-mono, discrete circuitry with extensive gain and loading flexibility, delivering the best sound in its price range. Like the Phonomena II+ and SuperNova III, the Nova III has rear panel switches for easily accessible and highly flexible gain and loading adjustment.
The Musical Surroundings Nova III is a complete phonograph preamplifier with RIAA equalization that amplifies the output signal of a phono cartridge, either moving coil or moving magnet, up to a nominal “line level”. The Nova III may be used with a receiver or an integrated amplifier. If you use separate components, a line level control unit (preamp) is required before the power amp, since there is no independent volume control for the Nova III. The Nova III’s power supply is internal and connects to the wall with the supplied wall mount transformer.
Audio Circuit Highlights
- Super Matched Pair/Low Noise input devices
- Hybrid RIAA Equalization
- Michael Yee proprietary Subsonic filter
- Micro-processor control for Mute and Subsonic
- Multiple gain settings with 65dB maximum
- Extensive loading settings on rear panel
New Internal Power Supply
- Super Low Noise voltage regulation
- Isolated DC to DC converter
- Dual Inductor de-coupling
- 10,000µf of regulation
- Polypropylene bypass capacitors
- Linear Charging Power Supply (optional)
- Black or Silver finish
- Made in California