The Ovation incorporates high-performance technology from the Clearaudio Innovation Wood series of turntables, but in a more affordable “lifestyle” design and echoing the award-winning ergonomics of the Clearaudio Concept turntable.
Similar to the Clearaudio Innovation Wood Compact, Innovation Wood and Master Innovation Wood, the Ovation’s main chassis consists of a complex sandwich of materials: aluminum and bulletproof wood (Panzerholz). Within the precision-machined Panzerholz layer, Clearaudio has introduced an elaborate resonance-damping implementation unique to the Ovation turntable: an internal mat comprised of approximately 100,000 tiny stainless steel pellets.
The powerful and smooth DC motor is equipped with Clearaudio’s OSC (Optical Speed Control) technology, which continuously monitors a micro-infrared strobe to ensure exact speed stability. The motor drives a precision-machined aluminum sub-platter and 40mm POM (polyoxymethylene) platter, both of which are supported by Clearaudio’s patented CMB (Ceramic Magnetic Bearing).
The Ovation comes fitted with a Clearaudio Clarify tonearm, but with its interchangeable armboard technology, it can accommodate a variety of 9-inch tonearms including the Clearaudio Magnify and Universal tonearms.
- Panzerholz wood/aluminum sandwich plinth
- Plinth mass loaded and internally damped with stainless steel shot damping tiles
- Adjustable leveling and locking feet from Innovation.
- 40mm thick Delrin platter with weighted rim
- Machined aluminum sub-platter
- Inverted Ceramic Magnetic Bearing (CMB)
- Decoupled 3 speed DC motor with Optical Speed Control (OSC)
- Clarify tonearm features a magnetic bearing, carbon fiber armwand, machined aluminum headshell, and low center of gravity counter-weight assembly adjusted by internal mechanism.