The Concept turntable sets a new standard in turntable manufacturing. Precision German engineering combined with the latest technology and timeless design signal a new era in analog playback. The Concept is equipped with the innovative Concept tonearm, which features a friction-free magnetic bearing technology. A high-quality Clearaudio moving magnet (Concept MM) or moving coil (Concept MC) cartridge can be pre-mounted and factory-adjusted to complete this setup. The Concept is belt-driven by a low-noise, decoupled DC motor built into the resonant-optimized plinth, “… resulting in an attractive, small-footprint design that doesn’t require the buyer to find a place for an outboard motor—or even a motor placed in a hole in the plinth!” (Michael Fremer, Stereophile, June 2011). The platter is made of 30mm-thick polyoxymethylene (POM), an engineering thermoplastic used in precision parts that require high stiffness, low friction, and excellent dimensional stability. The Concept plays at three speeds – 33rpm, 45rpm, and 78rpm – selectable by Electronic Speed Control knob.
This genuine, timeless and modern design guarantees flawless musical enjoyment for decades.
- Made in Germany
- 2-piece 30mm-thick POM platter
- Polished tempered steel bearing shaft within sintered bronze bushings
- Mirror polished teflon thrust pad
- Belt-driven by a decoupled DC motor
- 33, 45 and 78 rpm at a turn of a dial
- Concept tonearm features a friction-free magnetic bearing
- Optional factory mounted and aligned MM or MC phono cartridge
Clearaudio Concept Package Special:
- Clearaudio Concept turntable with Concept tonearm and factory-installed Concept v2 MM phono cartridge: $1,600 (save $50)
- Clearaudio Concept turntable with Concept tonearm and factory-installed Concept MC phono cartridge: $2,200 (save $200)